What are the prizes?
- Big Small World Award: Dell will award $10,000 USD worth of technology to the NGO that connects the most students through PenPal Schools. Students must complete the 6-week interactive course by January 15th, 2015 to be eligible.
- Global Ambassador Award: Dell will award $5,000 USD worth of technology to the NGO that refers the class who best demonstrates a passion for global education. PenPal Schools and Dell will look for classes that demonstrate a commitment to learning about their PenPals’ cultures and sharing their own traditions and perspectives.
In addition to the prizes, each student that completes a PenPal Schools course will be awarded a digital certificate of completion.
The contest is only open to classrooms and programs affiliated to a Dell Youth Learning Partner.
How to participate?
- Each Dell partner-affiliated classroom teacher or facilitator will register their class/group for free at www.penpalschools.com.
- Teachers/facilitators will receive a class code to share with all of their students.
- Students will sign up at www.penpalschools.com using their class code
- PenPal Schools will match each student with a PenPal from around the world
- Students will complete weekly assignments including videos, texts, and discussion questions for the duration of the 6-week course. Students will write to their PenPals each week from any device with internet access, either by logging in at www.penpalschools.com or using the PenPal Schools mobile app.
PenPal Schools is working to connect students in learning globally and Dell is supporting the effort through their Youth Learning programs and reach to global NGOs.
Update: This contest has now closed. Thanks to all who participated!